Freecell

I'm sad that upstream has opted for a less-functional version of
Freecell to put in gnome-games.  I'm considering forking the old
freecell game and putting it in a separate package.

Does anyone know if:

1) Upstream is planning to add in the missing features (scoreboard,
ability to drag from column to column where the computer has to use an
empty column (or more) to make the move)

or

2) If anyone else is looking at forking the old Freecell package?

Any other thoughts before I do this would be welcome.  I want my
favourite time waster back - I'm also hoping it will still show my 50+
game winning stream score (all without using the undo button MWAHAHAHA.
erm.. anyhow.. *g*)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey