Re: gnome-core should depend on fam

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 20:38, Mantas Kriaučiūnas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think, that gnome-core should depend on fam, because lots of people are
> installing gnome-core, not gnome and in some "how to
> install gnome 2.x in debian" instructions gnome-core package is mentioned
> (see for example http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=992)

I also believe that the fam dependency should be against gnome-core and
as jeff has pointed out elsewhere gnome-core is really the gnome DE,
rather than a pure subset of libraries and applications such as
gnome-panel/gnome-session. Semantics aside i think that it might be a
good idea to at least also recommend fam on gnome-panel and nautilus for
those people who go it alone and dont install gnome-core and instead
pick and choose individual packages and then complain that their panel
doesnt work as expected.

So in summary gnome-core dependency, gnome-panel + nautilus recommends.

Cheers,

Rob
--
Rob Bradford <rob@debianplanet.org>