Re: Anti-aliased fonts issues

Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@cs.hmc.edu> writes:
> I find that the ttf-bitstream-vera fonts do a great job of reading well
> against all backgrounds (not surprising, since they were professionally
> designed and optimized for on-screen viewing with freetype/X11).

Yeah, I second this -- I use light-on-black for most apps, and the
bitstream vera fonts look great; the hinting apparently makes all the
difference. The microsoft core fonts (msttcorefonts) are also well
hinted, and look pretty good (not as good as vera).

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.