Gnome 2.4 revisted

After seeing the bug list holding gnome 2.2 from testing. None of
the bugs (maybe one or two) have anything to do with the stability
of gnome 2.2 most of them have to do with old packages conflicting with
new gnome 2.2 packages and with glibc/gcc. So I don't really
see why gnome 2.4 shouldn't be included in unstable ASAP. The
impressions I am getting from the gnome lists is that gnome 2.4 is
turning out great and stable. So holding it back from unstable while
we wait for glibc/gcc and old packages to be fixed is a waste of
valuable time. when 2.4 comes out it should be just as stable as 2.2,
so lets not waste any time moving gnome 2.2 into testing when
the effort could be put on getting 2.4 packages ready. I have
a feeling all the bugs holding 2.2 back will still be there by
the time 2.4 is in unstable.

John