Re: Gnome 2.4

<quote who="Sven Luther">

> For a desktop, just run the sid packages, no problem there. I suppose
> anything really security conscious or stability critical will mostly be a
> server and not run any desktop stuff anyway.

This is not a viable solution for desktops that must be a) dependably stable
and supportable and b) utterly maintainable.

While I would have no problem with programmers or sysadmins using sid as
their desktop every day (that's what happens here), I would *not* provide
internal/customer support for a large number of sid machines on user
desktops.

Your desktop doesn't compare to 100 user desktops.

- Jeff

   "2.4.1ac17 is full of innovations and should be used with caution." -
                             Linux Weekly News