Re: Gnome 2.4

<quote who="John McCutchan">

> Now that the gnome 2.4 beta is about to be released, whats the plan to
> integrate this into unstable? I don't think it would be too bad to get the
> beta in.

This time around, I agree. 2.3 has been incredibly stable throughout the
development process, and it wouldn't be outrageous to start shifting now,
even before the release candidates. Might be worth trying to get things like
Nautilus and gnome-{panel,session,desktop} in at the same time though.

I would definitely test pre-2.4 packages on machines I use daily (though I
use GARNOME at home for upstream testing purposes).

- Jeff

  "Anyway - I need something more James Bond than Banana Man, if you know
                       what I mean..." - Tom Gilbert