Re: XD2 for debian woody

<quote who="J?r?me Warnier">

> I know exactly what you mean when you say it's not that easy. I think we
> should work together, because we are doing similar things. How could we do
> that? Should we create a mailing-list or what? I can provide that if
> needed (on http://glasnost.beeznest.org or on http://www.bxlug.be).
> James, what do you think, do you jump too?

I agree with this - surely it would be more sensible to have a single effort
working on GNOME 2.2 backports (plus XD2 patches if interesting). It could
be a continuing project to keep the Debian stable desktop alive and kicking,
even beyond 2.2 (2.4 is coming in September, 2.6 another six months after
that, etc).

Running a completely separate project to create new packages based on
Ximian's work (rather than the existing Debian work) doesn't sound sensible
at all.

I'm sure that if a coordinated project to keep GNOME updated for Debian
stable existed, many more people would use stable, and many more people
would use GNOME! :-) [ I'm also fairly sure that a few companies and/or
goverment agencies could back its development... ]

- Jeff

--
Get Informed: SCO vs. IBM                            http://sco.iwethey.org/

              Corporate extortionism. Economic contortionism.