Re: gconf2 on server

Ross Burton wrote:
On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 12:15, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

Hi

I have /home mounted on nfs, and because of locking done by gconf2 in home diectory it is impossible to start gnome sessions of the same user more then on one host.

AFAI understood, it is recommended to start gconf2 on server as a network service. Clients should be configured in the way, that they will use remote service of gconf2 on the server.

If you allow your CORBA to connect to other machines via IPv4 (edit
/etc/orbitrc) I believe gconfd will start on the first machine, and
subsequent machines will use CORBA or TCP/IP to connect to GConf.

Well, that's the theory.  I've never tried it...

Thanks a lot! Everything works just fine.

It is impressive! When I change theme on one desktop another is updated immideately! Cool!

Ross