Help system for gnome1 applications.

Hi,

I was wondering how to properly solve the help menu problem for gnome1
applications (bug #167684).  If you try to click a help button, or
select an item from the help menu, it tells you that the html file
doesnt exist.  The build generates only xml files.  I have tried editing
the source, and replacing calls such as

GnomeHelpMenuEntry help_entry = { "gabber", "userinfo.html" };

with

GnomeHelpMenuEntry help_entry = { "gabber", "userinfo.xml" };

After the change, activating a help entry brings up nautilus which then
pops up an error dialog saying:

Application "gnome-help" (process 2112) has crashed due to a fatal
error.  (Aborted)

If I manually run gnome-help, it does display the manual.  Ie.

gnome-help ghelp:///usr/share/gnome/help/gabber/C/gabber.xml

I would have thought that this is a fairly common problem, but I couldnt
find anything about it in the list archives.

Thanks,

Norbert