gnome-printinfo can work with lpr or not ?

Hi,

I have lpr-ppd printer spooling system installed and when starting gnome-printinfo I always get a "No printers found" error. When I start gnome-printinfo from command line I see this output:

/bin/sh: lpstat: command not found/bin/sh: lpstat: command not found

It seems, that only cupsys-client and lprng packages contain lpstat command. Are there some possibilities to use gnome-printinfo with lpr or lpr-ppd printer spooling systems?

Btw gnome-printinfo or scrollkeeper package has problems - it tries to connect to http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/ during installation - I get lots of messages like this:

xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Connect attempt timed out./usr/share/gnome/help/gnome-printinfo/zh_CN/gnome-print-manager.xml:8: warning: failed to load external entity
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";
]>
 ^
xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Connect attempt timed out./usr/share/gnome/help/gnome-printinfo/zh_TW/gnome-print-manager.xml:8: warning: failed to load external entity
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";
]>
 ^

I think scrollkeeper should not allow to connect to internet during installation of any package.

Bye,
Mantas Kriauciunas
--
Jabber ID: mantas@akl.lt		ICQ: mantiena <44451746>