Re: XD2

Hi!
> Personally I think unstable would be a better target given the current
> migration of packages from unstable into testing.
>
> But that's just my 2 cents...
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chipzz AKA
> Jan Van Buggenhout

Well, your advice is welcomed, but is not our goal. Since next stable
version of Debian wil take ... a lot ... we just want one stable and
modern gnome desktop for debian woody. Yeah, we can use the ports that
are already make, but are they really stable? Today with 2.3.1 tomorrow
with the new one 2.3.2... No, thanks. we'll take XD as the base becNause
it's really a good improvement. That's all.

Ghe Rivero

Pd.- Just for a moment, Imaging that you have to install linux in a
group of about 400 computers. Nobody has ever used it. What do you think
that they would do if they found Debian Woody instaled with gnome 1.4?
No way. And with the "unoffical" gnome2.3? Today this thing is broken.
Tomorrow the other one. What about install sarge or sid? Please, don't
make me laugh. I think that the best option is to package XD2 for woody.
(Well, we can install RedHat or Suse or Mandrake, but...)
--
Ghe Rivero <ghe_rivero@yahoo.es>