Re: Getting the screen resolution

I badly expressed myself ...

I meant : is there a software or script to help me out finding the
screen resolution.

I didn't know about dpyinfo. I ran it, it gave me a screen resolution of
860 x 4XX (that PC isn't close to me, can't remember the exact figure),
something totally weird anyway. So now I'm stuck with another problem,
how to properly (re)configure xserver-xfree86 . I'll manage, hopefully.

Thanks :)

Jeff