Re: Gnome2.2 backport for Debian Woody

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 15:24, Henrik Skantz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After installing gnome 2.2
> (http://mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/)
> Kde 3 apps doesnt look nice at all, they start but windows are
> very big and no fonts are showing.
>
> I'm using sarge, gnome is my standard world but it would be nice to use
> some kde apps like Kile. I have tried to compile my own kde apps but
> it is the same.
>
> The kde packages are from http://download.kde.org/stable/latest/Debian
> I have tried Karolinas, debian official all the same.

I am not a KDE user, beyond a couple packages in Official woody.  I know
that to get nice fonts in gnome apps to work in KDE, you have to launch
gnome-settings-daemon.  Perhaps there is a similar application for KDE
apps while in gnome?  A KDE user list may be a better forum.

Jamie Strandboge

--
James Strandboge
Targeted Performance Partners, LLC