Re: gnomemeeting woody backport

El día 11 may 2003, James Strandboge escribía:
> On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 16:59, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> >  [I sent you this privately, but rr.com has blocked my IP range for
> >  spam]
> >
> Bummer.  :(

 No need to CC me, I'm subscribed. And I won't be able to answer you by
 other way than this, anyway :\

> >  Hi
> >
> Hi.
>
> >  I have just received a mail from an user of the Gnomemeeting package
> >  from you Woody backport. He says that he sees some failures when
> >  using the package or recompiling it, but that things goes fine when
> >  compiling upstream sources.
> >
> >  After some investigation I have realized that you are providing
> >  openh323 1.11.4-1 and that gnomemeeting is compiled agains that lib.
> >  You should upgrade that to the latest openh323 and ptlib, as IPv6
> >  support and other things in gnomemeeting are very tied to the versions
> >  of those libs.
> >
> >  Perhaps I should add a versioned build-dep on them. I haven't done it
> >  before because those libs mantainer and me are in contact when we're
> >  going to make a new release.
>
> When I backport a new gnomemeeting, I can just be sure to grab the
> latest of those two as well.  I purposefully did not backport those
> based on http://www.gnomemeeting.org/ stating that 1.11.4 was the latest
> tested version (or something to that affect, I can't bring the page up
> now for some reason).

  Yes, the page seems to be down. But get always the packages in Debian.
  Sander tests his own packages, so they put there the recommended libs
  he has tested.

> I will upgrade the libs.  BTW-- what compiler are you using to compile
> it?  I'm using gcc 2.95 from woody, but could compile with gcc-3.0 if
> 3.x might work better.

  I'm using gcc 3.2 I think, as it's the default one being used in Sid
  now. You must use it for compiling the libs also. IMO you should use
  it in general for the backport, as it's the compiler being used in Sid
  by default.

  Thanks.

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo