Re: When gdm will use default locale setting ?

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 01:11:41PM +0200, Miroslaw Sankowski wrote:

> > Yes, this is a known problem. You have to launch gdm from the shell or
> > restart it or whatever for it to inherit the system wide locale. I think
> > Sven Luther
>
> Hello,
>
> This issue can be solved/hacked by putting
>
> export LC_ALL=<your favourite locale, pl_PL for me>

Why not using LANG ?

> somwhere in the beginning of '/etc/init.d/gdm'.

But it will be overwritten at each upgrade of the gdm package. A better
solution would be for gdm to use /etc/preferences, would it not ? A
simple . /etc/preferences at the start of /etc/init.d/gdm should do
that, should it not, but then i am no expert on this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther