Re: When gdm will use default locale setting ?

Le 06 May 2003 12:21:10 +0200
TRom <abadcafe@free.fr> a écrit:

> for me, gdm2 unfortunaly uses C locale for his first lauching (from
> rc2.d), but works well on restart (.../init.d/gdm restart )

that's because the /usr/bin/gdm script doesn't read the
/etc/environnement file which contains the default locale settings, it
only reads /etc/profile.

A workaround is to add you locale settings in /etc/profile.

Another one (and i think it could be done in the gdm package) is to
edit the/usr/bin/gdm script and add the line:

test -f /etc/environnement && . /etc/environnement

before the line :

exec /usr/bin/gdm-binary "$@"

Julien