Re: does printman work?

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 15:37, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 22:38, James D Strandboge wrote:
> > First impressions are that it looks really nice.  All my printers are
> > detected, but the queues display nothing.  I am using lprng and all the
> > printers are remote.  Does printman do anything useful yet (eg display
> > queues, cancel jobs)?  I realize it hasn't even been released, but the
> > docs I've seen seem to indicate it works.
>
> I only use CUPS printers, the queues work there.  I do have a LPRng
> server at work, and shall try it there tomorrow...

I thought I would follow up on this since I never did.  I could get
printman to work with lprng on the machine that the printer was
connected to, but could not get it to work with my laptop, using lprng
and trying to connect to that same printer over the network.  klpq works
fine, so it shouldn't be an lprng configuration issue.

If it helps, I do spool on the local machine before sending it (to be
spooled again) to the remote network printer.  Eg:

lp|hedwig_econo:\
        :rm=hedwig:\
        :rp=eps780_econo:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hedwig_econo:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/hedwig_econo/errorlog:\
        :lp=:\
        :mx#0:\
        :mc#0:\
        :done_jobs=0:\