Re: Gnome 2 & libfreetype6 package

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 15:44, Keith Lawson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently added the sources for the Gnome 2 Woody back port to get Gnome 2 on my system.

> For some reason my dependencies seemed messed up now. When I try to install any packages

> via dselect I get errors. The follow packages are looking for "libfreetype6":
>
> fontconfig
> libxft2
> libfontconfig1

The freetype dependency has been downgraded so the backport works
properly with the semi-official openoffice.org.  This was discussed in

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
rm /var/cache/apt/archives/*freetype*
dpkg -r --force-depends libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev freetype2-demos
apt-get -f install

Now you can 'apt-get upgrade', etc and you can install openoffice.org
from
http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice/

Jamie Strandboge