Re: problem with Eterm transparency when started by gnome-session

tor, 2003-03-20 kl. 01:32 skrev Stian Jordet:
> Hi,
>
> If I run this command:
>
> /usr/bin/Eterm -O -x --buttonbar=0 \
> 	--scrollbar=0 -g 160x50+100+100 \
> 	--desktop 2 -f green --ircon-name Terminal
>
> I get a nice, transparent Eterm exactly where I want it :) This seemed
> to work when started by gnome-session untill sometime before Christmas
> (I just didn't care about it then). Now I get an Eterm without buttonbar
> and scrollbar and all that, but it isn't transparent. It has one of the
> (random) pixmaps as background. I have tested this about thousand times
> now. Anyone knows why this happens? It still works perfect if launched
> from a commandline when Gnome is started...

Since noone seems to know, I'll answer myself. With Gnome-session I can
set Eterm -blabla to restart automatically. If I log out and it
automatically restarts, it works as supposed.

Now I have ~/start_eterm.sh as a startup program, and I have a sleep 5
&& Eterm -blabla there. It works, but it's not the right way. I guess it
have something to do with Nautilus managing the background, and if the
Eterm starts before Nautilus, it won't get transparent.. At least so it
seems...

Stian