Re: Gnome Terminal and ISO-8859-2 fonts

Le mar 18/03/2003 à 17:24, Maciej Stachura a écrit :
> W liście z wto, 18-03-2003, godz. 02:02, Maciej Stachura pisze:
>
> > tried all font sizes, different font codings (from terminal's menu) and
> > the only characters I got were:
> >
> >       http://www.gnome.pl/~mst/files/terminal.png
> >
> > Instead of squares, there should be polish "ogonki" ;) Where's the
> > problem? Is it gnome-terminal or maybe something else (some font*
> > packages)?
>
> What is important (I forgot to say it), in "font chooser" I can
> see all polish letters and also I can type them. Please look at:
>
>         http://www.gnome.pl/~mst/files/terminal2.png

No you don't. If you look closely (a bigger font may help), the
"polish-only" letters are substituted by pango from another font,
probably because they are missing from the "fixed" charset.
I think vte is unable to perform such a substitution, and that's why
polish characters fail on your terminal.

	Xav