Re: Logon Problems with Gnome 2.2

Aha!  I just got it thanks your email and another helpful email from
Gerd Heiße.  Once I'd finished the install in the chroot, I'd rebooted
my machine fully into Debian.

I didn't have my network interfaces file set up correctly (I wasn't
setting up the loopback interface (shows my inexperience with debian).
I must have gotten the basis for my interfaces file from somewhere, but
oh well.

Here's what I added, maybe it's your problem too.

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Good luck!

-Scott