Re: Gnome2 fonts ok, gnome1 fonts ugly

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 11:25, Gunther Laure wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Latest update resulted in bad font rendering in Gnome1 applications like
> Evolution or Galeon. All Gnome2 applications are ok.
>
> What should I do to resolve that?

Same here.  I believe it is an X problem.  In the X 4.2-6 package, Xft
seems to behave different.  Part of the solution is to fix up your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and /etc/X11/fs/config to include the ttf font
dirs again, if they were wiped out by the the X package blowing away
your config files.

This fixed some stuff for me, but I still have some weirdness in gtk1
applications.  For example, the folder treeview in evolution has very
small fonts now.  However, the text of emails is fixed.

Hope this helps to some degree.
If you figure out what else to do, let me know.
Thanks.

--
Stephen Depooter
<sbdep@myrealbox.com>