Re: getting rid of libgtk2.0-0png3

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 04:35:27PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  Uhm... didn't you NMU libgtkgl2.0-1 a few months ago to fix this?
>
>  I'd be happy if you can NMU celestia and libgtkgl2.0-1, I won't get
>  arround that until the weekend.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Marcelo

I was NMUing when libgtk2.0-0png3 actually contained the library, and
libgtk2.0-0 was gone. This turned out to be un-necessary and exceedingly
disruptive, so Akira moved the library back to libgtk2.0-0. To avoid
causing the same disruption all over again, libgtk2.0-0png3 was kept as
a stub package to depend on libgtk2.0-0 which contained the actually
library. Since then, the pace of development has meant everything got
recompiled back against libgtk2.0-0 anyway, except this handful of
packages. After recompiling them, libgtk2.0-0png3 can be got rid of
before it hits testing or releases with sarge.

Regards,
Rob