Can't start gnome-theme-manager

Hello,

I can't seem to start gnome-theme-manager (updated debian/unstable,
gnome-control-center 2.2.0-1). I tried starting it from a console and
don't see any error messages. Would appreciate if anyone can give me
some hints.

There is an strace at http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/trace (160k file),
the SIGINT you see at the end, is me hitting control-C after 1 minute.

When doing an strace to a terminal, the last line I see is:
write(17, "M192 1001 1001 /usr/share/themes"..., 76
where it hangs forever after a few seconds.

Thanks,
Joop