Re: How to fix a crashing Nautilus

Sean Proctor wrote:

gtk apps seem to load much slower too. it seems like if galeon takes too long
to load, it'll crash. if I try to start it once, it'll usually crassh and I'll
have to try again. the second time it'll usually start, but not necessarily.

I had a problem like this with gnome-terminal, and occasionally with other programs. gnome-terminal used to take several minutes to start on my machine; it's a Pentium 166 that had many, many international fonts installed, and gnome-terminal seemed to load all of them.

If I disabled session support with --sm-disable, it would eventually start. Otherwise, the window would eventually appear then immediately close. My hypothesis was that the session manager killed programs that connected to it then took too long to respond; my solution was to go back to xterm.

--
"Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted."
        -- Fred Allen