Re: How to fix a crashing Nautilus

Ryan Verner <xfesty@computeraddictions.com.au> writes:

> I had to get rid of ~/.nautilus, ~/.gnome2* and ~/.gconf* before I could run
> nautilus successfully, guessing an earlier setting was clashing.
>
> nautilus seems really strange now - the tree on the left now has massive
> 32x32 icons, and I can't seem to choose an icon theme (even with the icons
> deb forementioned installed), the preferences doesn't seem to have an option
> in it anymore to let me.
>
> gnome-panel keeps randomly freezing now too, and metacity window resizing
> now seems to have this strange resize effect which gives the impression that
> the system's lagging.

I've noted this "system is lagging" feeling as well - one way I can
easily see it is by right-clicking on the desktop: the context menu
takes some time, about 1 second, to pop up, something that I had not
experienced before. Another way is to move (by dragging) one icon on the
desktop to another place in the desktop: there's a weird delay at the
beginning of the operation.

This is on a relatively fast machine, and with a fresh configuration (rm
-Rf .gnome2* .nautilus .gconf*)

I wonder what's causing all this "weirdness". Anyone else noticing this
or other weird things?

Eloy.-