gnome-terminal fixed font

With gnome-terminal/unstable, I can get the fixed font, a.k.a. 6x13 or (via
fonts.alias) -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
by setting the gconf key /apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/x_font.

With gnome-terminal/experimental, I cannot get the fixed font. If I choose
'Fixed' from the profile's font selector, I get, at some sizes, what looks like
-sony-fixed and at other sizes what looks like -misc-fixed but without the
semicondensed width. xfontsel seems to confirm this. The value of the x_font
gconf key has no impact.

Is it possible to use good ol' "fixed" with the newer gnome-terminal? Should it
be this difficult?

Ryan