Re: Making debug packages from main GNOME packages

<quote who="Chipzz">

> And that's where you are just plain wrong. Separating the debug info from
> the binaries will result in a (much) smaller memory footprint, ergo less
> waste of resources and better performance.

That's actually not true. The debug pages are never loaded unless they're
required. The only thing it really does 'waste' is disk space (and possibly
I/O time), but that's why we split stuff out into -dbg packages.

- Jeff

             "Laughter is a force for democracy." - John Cleese