Re: Expocity for Debian's Gnome 2.4?

Yes, it is incredibly slow, and I would like it not included in Debian's metacity until it is significantly faster. I compiled it today on my Pentium 4 2.4 GHz with HT, and it took a second or two to switch windows after clicking on their title bars. I'm also using Xinerama, and it doesn't take that into account, splitting several preview windows across my monitor boundary.

Matt Brubeck wrote:

Luis M wrote:

Just wondering if it's possible to patch Metacity with Expocity (...)
to make it into the Official Debian packages...

Expocity is (currently, at least) an experimental hack.  According to
discussion on Gnome's desktop-devel-list and gnomedesktop.org, it slows
down the window manager significantly even when it is not being activated.

--
James Curbo <james@teyandei.net>