Re: Same thing on GNOPPIX 0.60 (Was: Re: gnome not working properly onpowerpc te

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:46:46AM -0500, chris possinger wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 03:13, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > The gsfonts-other should be completely over. I've been reported other
> > issues with musixtex fonts, but haven't found time to track down the
> > bug. All I can say is this is probably another freetype bug.

The gsfonts-other package is not installed on my system.

> I have no idea why there were fontconfig libs in there maybe from an old
> install that didn't clean up after itself, or maybe from some part of
> the unstable xfree, since I'm using the experimental 4.3.1 packages.

FWIW, I didn't see any *fontconfig* libs in /usr/X11R6/lib. The system
that is exhibiting the problems with Gnome was originally a Debian Woody
box that I upgraded to Sid yesterday. Since then, all users except
myself can log in to Gnome.

Before you used to press CTRL+SHIFT on gnome while you were logging in and it used to wipe out your configuration files (related to Gnome) and redo those. Does that still work? Login from GDM and pressing CTRL+SHIFT after putting ones password.

The easiest thing would be to move all dot files from your $HOME to "old" and login with your account to see if things work...

Just my small contrib...

Luis Mondesi
System Administrator
LatinoMixed.com

lemsx1@hotmail.com

"...The Mac does this so smoothly, it feels like an extension of your mind." - Paula Speer, MacWorld Magazine 2003-04

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp