Re: Same thing on GNOPPIX 0.60 (Was: Re: gnome not working properly onpowerpc te

Hey Luis,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I'm already using the
xserver-xfree86 package from unstable and am having the problem.

The weird thing is that I've discovered that it is only happening for 1
user. I've tried clearing all of the .gnome* directories as well as the
.gconf* directories and letting the system rebuild them. No good. I've
got a few other things to try which are mostly work-arounds. I can't
figure out what would be different about this 1 user that would cause
Gnome to exhibit the freezing at the splash screen.

Cheers!
William
--
Knowmad Services Inc.