Re: problems compiling on some archs

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 22:15:32 +0000, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> The error is: libtool: link: cannot find the library `'
>
> I've had this with several packages, so it's not epiphany specific.
>
> Anybody got any clues?

Some, but not a complete picture. This issue is caused by various versions
of the Debian libtool package dealing with flags '-pthread' in a wrong way.
This resulted in .la files that have the '-pthread' in the wrong places, and
causes ?older? libtool scripts to produce the error message you see.

Try relibtoolising your package. If that proves not to be sufficient, you'll
need to tighten your build dependencies to ensure that they have already
been relibtoolised.

HTH,
Ray
--
I think the most important thing about Linux is that it gives people the
ability to do what they want.