meta gnome packages in sarge.

Hi,
I'm a little confused about gnome's current status in sarge.
I have installed gnome-session/panel etc at version 2.2 to get
a working gnome 2.2 desktop.

However there is no gnome meta package and the gnome-core package is at 1.4
although it suggests some gnome2 stuff.

So is it currently not possible to install gnome2 via a meta package in sarge?
I noticed that the gnome/gnome-core packages in sid are 2.4, does that mean
that you're trying to get 2.4 into the next relase and there will be no gnome2.2
meta packages.

Lex.

PS - this is my 1st post and I have just installed gnome for the 1st time so
please excuse any ignorance expressed above.