Re: gnome is testing appears broken

I added my self to the "audio" group using "usermod -G audio" and the /dev/dsp error message seems to have gone away. I don't know if this the "correct" way to do things. Is there a more Debian or Gnome way to sort out the problem or is what I have done OK??

Cheers,
Brendan Simon.

Brendan J Simon wrote:

Nope. gnome-panel _is_ installed. I did however notice that I get the message "/dev/dsp: Permission denied" when I try to run "gnome-session --failsafe" from an X session that only has a xterm running (no window manager). Could this be stuffing things up? How can I get around this???