Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 00:39, Juergen Lueters wrote:
> Does anybody consider xterminal(thin client) setups ?
>
> Shutting down a system from the gnome logout dialog in a application
> server/xterminal setup means shutting down the application server.
> This should be avoided. So if someone is going to implement that
> feature, make sure you do not attempt to shut down a application server.

No problem.

The current patch just tricks the login prompt process to behave as if
the user had chosen 'shutdown' from the GDM system menu.

Uh, I mean, if the user cannot shutdwon from the login prompt, he cannot
shutdown from the logout dialog.

To be on the safe side, one can set the shutdown command in gdm.conf to
"/bin/true" or - much better - to a binary that doesn't exist.

Greetings,
Jarno