Re: gdm in Gnome 2.4 shutdown even harder

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:41:36PM -0600, tom wrote:
> Should a user without root access be able (by default) to shut down a
> machine? If I'm the only user, I can turn it off. It it is installed
> for multiple users, the safer default is to require a password.

well even a normal user can use the power switch.
so i really think the system menu shouldn't be secured for local users
by default.

if one is worried about other login sessions:
perhaps gdm should display running sessions in its greeter
and only unlock the system menu when there are no sessions left.

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  Department of Computer Science 3       _________