Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

Em Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:15:30 +0100, Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@pemas.net> escreveu:

> El lun, 27-10-2003 a las 19:33, Gustavo Noronha Silva escribió:
> > Hello people,
>
> Hi

Hello,

> I think it's better if you use the "normal" GNOME way to change it, with
> something like:
>
> gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --type string --set /apps/gnome-session/options/splash_image "/usr/share/images/desktop-base/Splash-Debian_red.png"
>
> I'm not sure if it's correct 100% but it's better than alternatives
> system (for this kind of things).

I'm not sure. This will make desktop-base depend on gconf, and this is
a gnome-specific thing. The desktop-base package, in my opinion, should
not be centered into a specific desktop, while still providing nice
defaults for the major user-centered ones.

I can change my mind, though... let's see what happens...

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian:  <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>