Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

Carlos Liu <carlos@linuxsir.com> writes:
> Why not use /usr/share/images/desktop-base/Splash-Debian_red.png as the default
> splash image?
> I think it's the best in those three pics.

Hmmm, it's `professional' looking, but it's kind of boring too.

I like Splash-EvolvingTux.png myself -- it's simple, clean, and smartly
done, and unlike the others, is amusing as well (sure it's slightly geeky,
but not painfully so).  Surely that's got to count for something...

The current default, Splash-Debian.png (the picture of a lake), is
definitely the worst of the three in my opinion -- the slightly
off-horizontal cast of the lake surface (which is very obvious with all
the other horizontal edges nearby), the odd border, and the placement of
the logo/text really make it look amateurish.  It seems like someone was
trying to copy the sort of photo splash image Gnome/TheGimp uses, but
didn't do a very good job.

-Miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein