panel applet problems

Every time I attempt to add the window list applet I get this error.

<error>
The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_WindowListApplet"
Details: Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'

Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?
</error>

With the buttons Don't Delete, and Delete.

I had the same problem with gnome-swallow-applet under gnome2.2. I also get the errror when attempting to add a window menu. This occurs only I have a workspace switcher applet loaded onto the panel.

So basically if any of the following three applets, workspace switcher, window list, window menu, are loaded on any panel, the addition of one of the other applets results in an error simular as above.

The errors keep comming back no matter if I select "Don't Delete" or "Delete", or erase my panel preferences.