RE: New dependences in gnome-core, might be better in gnome?

> > Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if people got GNOME when they thought
> > they were getting GNOME?
>
> 'apt-get install gnome' remains thoroughly GNOME, regardless
> of changes to the other meta packages (that it may depend
> on).

That's good then, and sorry for my confusion. I seem to have got the idea
that it had many additional and/or one or two fewer packages.

> Calling Debian decisions "radical upstream patches"
> seemed entirely out of place.

I was referring to what looked to me (yes, very possibly due to my own
confusion, I freely admit, please forgive my ignorance) like a suggestion to
remove zenity (a GNOME Desktop) from "apt-get install gnome".

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc@usa.net