Re: GNOME 2.4 packages

Christian Marillat wrote:

> I've finished to upload all my packages execpt for gnome-terminal who
> need vte unstable 0.11.0 and we are not allowed to package this
> version
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/
> debian-gtk-gnome-200305/msg00107.html

vte 0.11.10 was part of the upstream GNOME 2.4.0 release, and therefore
should be part of GNOME 2.4.0 in Debian also.

The reason that earlier 0.11.x versions were not supposed to be packaged
is because they were part of the GNOME 2.3 development series.  0.11.10
is part of a stable GNOME release, even if its minor version number has
not changed to reflect this.