Re: gnome-velocity packages now incoming

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@pemas.net> writes:
> > I tried using LANG=ja_JP.utf8 as my login locale (set by gdm) a
> > while ago, and while emacs handled it correctly, gnome apps started flaking
> > out and crashing left and right
>
> Hmmm It works here without problems since long time ago (with GNOME
> 2.x), there are some nongtk applications that have some troubles with
> UTF-8 but all GNOME works without problems.
>
> I'm using es_ES.UTF-8 (ISO-8859-15)

Perhaps it only works properly with european locales (I wouldn't be surprised).

The thing I remember in particular is the panel crashing...

-miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?