Re: Fam dependency

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 12:53, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fre, 2003-10-03 at 11:19, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > 'gnome-core' in Debian is what GNOME calls the 'GNOME Desktop' release, the
> > 'gnome' package is a complete suite of applications that integrate nicely
> > with GNOME and satisfy many user requirements.
While we're at it. Is there a way to get rid of the use of fam? Fam
causes my filemanagers (nautilus & konqueror) to crash when used on an
afs directory. In fact it displays the folder of my home (for example)
correctly on startup but crashes or does weird things as soon as i click
on anything. I know its likely a fam (or gnomevfs) bug, but its sure
hard to track down. Recompiling gnomevfs with afs support didn't help
either...

Greets
        Johannes Hirche
        GPG    : Key Id: E7DFC3B7    --http://www.keyserver.net