Re: Xinerama fix (was Re: Gnome 2.4 for Sid; done)

Le jeu 18/09/2003 à 13:19, Christian Marillat a écrit :
> Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel@free.fr> writes:
>
> > Ok, here is the Xinerama fix for the metacity package (the same fix
> > should probably be applied to some other packages as well):
>
> This fix shouldn't go in the metacity package but instead in the
> gtk2.0 package. libgtk2.0-dev should depends on xlibs-pic
> (xlibs-static-pic doesn't exist) otherwise all applications using
> xinerama doesn't work.

In fact, the problem is that xlibs-pic has been replaced by
xlibs-static-pic during the transition from X4.2 to X4.3 (in
experimental, of course;). Metacity correctly tries to links to the PIC
version of the Xinerama lib (thanks to
000_metacity-debian-xinerama-pic.patch) but doesn't build-depend on it.
With my patch is correctly works on my Xinerama setup (big progress wrt
the GNOME 2.2 version).
The other parts of GNOME 2.4 link against the non-PIC Xinerama lib (the
one found in xlibs-dev), which I'm not sure is correct.
Then, it seems there's a (long-standing) bug in gnome-panel, which
doesn't handle well Xinerama-with-different-screen-sizes. I'm trying to
see if it's because there's something in GNOME incorrectly
configured/linked, or if it's simply because the bug is still there.
Currently, I lean toward the latter solution, but I'd like to be sure
before reporting the bug upstream.

	Xav

PS: toujours pas décidé à nous faire de jolis paquets pour experimental ?