Re: Gtk/Gnome RC Bug Report

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 02:57:19PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> > Package: evolution (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@debian.org>
> >   202345 [        ] fetching from POP3 account looses all mail
> Is this really RC?

Well, the title looks very RC to me :)

> > Package: galeon (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Mark Howard <mh@debian.org>
> >   202567 [        ] galeon: unnecessary dependency on mozilla-mailnews
> This is so not a RC bug.

Agreed, although the submitter is correct that it is unnecessary (iirc
correctly from the bug log).

> >   206169 [        ] galeon: Galeon hangs when quitting or closing a browser window
> Can anyone else replicate this?

Might be related to the https bug (which should be rc)?

> > Package: gconf2 (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@debian.org>
> >   197298 [        ] gconftool-2 segfault on m68k
> Has this been fixed? I haven't seen it for a while.

I think it was solved with a recompile.

> >   205703 [        ] gconf2: Installation broken
> Can anyone else replicate this?

Same problem?

> > Package: gtetrinet (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
> >   205658 [        ] gtetrinet: arrow keys and "t" doesn't work when playing..
> I'm starting to think that "renders package unusable" bugs should be RC
> unless they affect lots of people...

Yeah, none of the Gtetrinet people can reproduce this, but we wouldn't
say it's not a bug. The key handling code is crap, probably René is
triggering something in his setup. Apparently it has only affected him,
so I'd downgrade to important.

> Executive summary: a large proportion of these RC bugs are FTBFS. These
> maintainers should be ashamed :)  If I get the time I'll do some NMUs.

Be happy... KDE's status is worse :)

jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/