Re: Gnome 2.2 in testing

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:22:41AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:33:00PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> It is possible ?
> >
> > Yes, but you have to convince the RM. For the ocaml 3.06 testing
> > migration, we were blocked by two smaller packages, which were hold back
> > by postgresql and libsdl-ttf or something such, and after having got the
> > RM attention, he removed it, and the rest of the ocaml packages entered
> > testing the day after. The difficult part was getting the RM attention,
> > since he was mostly involved with glibc and gcc and whatnot at the time.
>
> OK, I'll file a bug report.

A, you can try, but it is better to attract the RM's attention on other
way too, i had to highjack every even remotely related thread on d-d for
a week or so before he noticed it. And i had filled a bug against
ftp-master and CCed to him. Asking him on irc or something such might
help here. But then, gnome is much more important than some obscure
programming language like ocaml, so maybe you will have better luck.

Friendly,

Sven Luther