Re: font size changes when dpi changes

Hi,

> > Do you mean size in pixels or in say millimetres? The idea is to
> > preserve the latter.
>
> But neither is preserved. If either of them would be preserved fonts of
> predefined size should look smaller after dpi is increased. Now it's the
> opposite, they look bigger. Verdana 13 looks bold for example.

Not really. If you have more DPI your pixels will be smaller in the real
world. So, for the fonts to take the same real space you need to use
more pixels. Increasing the DPI of your display should make the fonts
bigger (in pixels). If you increase the DPI setting in X and don't
change the monitor, fonts should increase in (real) size since they take
more pixels of the same real size.

What does it mean change DPI setting in X and dont't change monitor? I synchronized X DPI setting and gnome DPI setting, but the problem persists. And if it really is as you are saying, why I do not observe the same behaviour in Mozilla, OOo and other non-gtk2 apps?

Mpiktas