Re: Gnome 2.4

<quote who="John McCutchan">

> I think this is a bad idea, when testing goes stable gnome 2.4 has to be
> in it. Lets not repeat the same mistakes of shipping a debian with an out
> dated desktop. Gnome 2.4 is very stable, so I think the focus should be on
> getting 2.4 in testing. 2.2 will be obsolete in 3 weeks. Its a waste of
> resources to get something into testing when in 3 weeks a new STABLE major
> version of it will be released.

But 2.2 is pretty solid in sid right now. So if that goes down into testing
(with lots of people eyeballing it), there's a very stable chunk of desktop
love there. Then, once 2.4 is fully rocking in unstable, it can migrate down
to testing.

That way, there's no tripping point. :-)

- Jeff

             "Laughter is a force for democracy." - John Cleese