Re: XD2 for debian woody

El vie, 01-08-2003 a las 01:59, Jérôme Warnier escribió:
> Le ven 01/08/2003 à 01:12, Roberto Majadas a écrit :
> > Hi debian-devel :
> >
> > I'm a board member of hispalinux [1] , and actually we are working very
> > hard on metadistros project. This project [1] will be a perfect platform
> > for develop cumstomizated debian distros. Now , we are making the XD2
> > debian packages for integrate them in the metadistros project. This
> > packages , like metadistros, will be debian woody compatible. An member
> > of hispalinux lend us a server (P4-2GHz 512 ram 50Gb HD) for to work on
> > it. Actually , Ghe Riveiro [3] is working and coordinating it. If
> > anybody is interested on it , please contact with Ghe [3]. Any
> > contribution is welcome.
> What would bring the XD2 for Woody compared to the GNOME 2.2 backport
> already widely available?

XD2 in respect of gnome2.2 is more integrated , more eye-candy for the
final user. XD2 has a integrated system for printer's configuration , an
OpenOffice(1.0.2) integrated with gnome (theme, icons, gnome-vfs ...) ,
Evolution 1.4 , and other things . Please look at
http://www.ximian.com/products/desktop/features.html

> What kind of work are you going to do?

I think ghe can replay you better than me , i'm not a debian developer
:) but basically we are including the ximian-patches into the gnome2.2
backported packages .

Roberto

--
Roberto Majadas <phoenix@nova.es>