Re: libgtop2 fixed packages available (solves applet mess).

On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 10:03, Sven Luther wrote:

> First a quick hack to make the libraries be included again, then fixing
> all the rest of the mess, and then we can do cosmetic improvement.

The soname isn't cosmetic.  In theory third-party software (outside of
Debian) might be using libgtop, and a soname change would break that.

>  Also,
> remember, i am not the upstream author, i don't really think it is my
> place to do extensive changes in the libgtop2 packaging.

What you should do is take the old version and just apply the diff from
src/daemon/gnuserv.c to fix the buffer overflow.